[linux-dvb] Re: firmware crashes with with DVB-s AV7111 + tda8083

Hi,

Well, my machine was working under lfs, kernel 2.4.24 and vdr 1.2.x

> Hm, are you running multiple recordings on the FF card?
> Obviously, OSD commands are not processed anymore if load is too high.

Well I haven't try anything, I'm only trying to start VDR. There are no
timers.

The same config with a TT DVB-C 2.1 works well.

> Does it work with an older driver?
Everything worked under kernel 2.4.24 + DVB HEAD drivers (not the kernel
backport)

As I have two similar boxes (identical hardware except for the DVB-Card) I
have reinstalled the two boxes to be under Debian Sarge + kernel 2.6.8.

The first install : DVB-c Box rocks. I can launch vdr (even if the antenna
is not connected) and acces it through SVDRP

The second install : DVB-s Box failed. Everything is OK except the DVB-Card
driver which output the firmware errors.

I'm testing for the moment so I launch VDR in the shell with the following
command : "./vdr --log=3)

By the way :
With the DVB driver included in the 2.6.8 I had a lot of troubles :
 - drivers loads OK
 - vdr starts (but it seems to be frozen)
   - I cannot access vdr through SVDRP

 - If I launch another VDR (it tells me that there is no OSD),but I can
access vdr with SVDRP.... It's really strange.

Do you think my hardware is faulty ?

> Oliver

Cheers
Philippe