[linux-dvb] HDTV on skystar1 some technical questions

Hi,
I have had the skystar1 for many years now, and it
worked fine with driver 0.9.3
for me all this time.

Recently HDTV is available on 13 east as experiment in
the HD forum:
Hotbird 1 (13.0E) - 11344.00 H - DVB/MPEG2, srate:
24006, FEQ 2/3, prog nr 3700, Vpid 3701, Apid 3702

I use dvbstream by Dave Chapman to record this with my
card as a transport stream:
dvbstream -f 11344 -p h -s 24006 -o 3701 3702 >
hdtv-test.ts

I can play this back with xine:
xine hdtv-test.ts

panteltje:# streamtype hdtv.ts
streamtype
Reading hdtv.ts
TS_STREAM
SIZE: 1920x1080
ASPECT: 16:9
FRAMERATE: 25
PROFILE: Main
LEVEL: High
CHROMA: 4:2:0
PAL

There is one problem, the sound is OK (mp2 256 kbps
stereo), but there are little
disturbances in the video (square blocks in the mpeg).

The stream demuxes 100% OK with for example ts2pes and
es_demux, but the same problem
persists in the demuxed stream.

I am under the impression, but not 100% sure, that
there is data loss in the hardware / firmware,
so that the card 'synthesizes' a correct TS, but some
parts of the video stream are missing?

Now the question, IF<<< this is so, is there any
bottle neck where the data rate is limited in:
hardware
firmware
driver
What is the effect of the processor speed?
I get NO buffer overflow messages in the driver when
recording.

There are reports on the net that the card HAS been
used with success, but a later version (1.5
I think it was) then I have.

So, I would like to record this hdtv, else only option
is buy skystar2, but this one is very good really.

Can anything be done, and has anything be done in
drivers later then 0.93 to increase data transfer?

Anyone done any experiments?

I would like to hear about it.
Regards
Jan