[linux-dvb] Re: To use modem sat B2C2 on hands USB with Linux Kernekl2.6

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004, Stefano Sebastiani wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^

Something seems to be wrong with your system time. Please use e.g. DVB to set it :).

Additionally your actual mail was kind of strange, I only found your text in an attachment.

Excuse me. I write badly in English. I wanted to know to that point is the possibility to use a modem_sat B2C2 skystar2 on USB with Linux Kernel 2.6. Thanks
Unfortunately there is no working driver for this devices yet. With the help of John Jurrius from BBTI I was able to create a basic usb driver which implements usb transfer and methods which implement the used bbti-specific USB protocol for accessing the different functions.

John said that it is possible to use the methods from the pci driver to control the chip just by exchanging the access methods (like read/write_dw).

Therefore it could be useful to split up the skystar2 driver in some common module and a bus-specific module. This is what I don't dare yet ;).

If I find some time today or tomorrow I will commit the basic b2c2-usb code to dvb-kernel.

Sorry that there is no support yet,
Patrick.

--
Mail: patrick.boettcher@desy.de