[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T antennae comparison

On Sat December 4 2004 11:13 pm, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some time ago I wrote about my experiences with the
> Technisat DIGIFLEX TT 2 indoor antenna connected
> to a Twinhan VP-3020C card. The TT2 is an active antenna
> with 15...18 dB gain.
>
> The cinergyT2 comes with a tiny (10cm), passive antenna
> with a magnetic base. For comparision I also borrowed me
> an older, passive antenna which looks like a Technisat
> DIGIFLEX TT 1.
>
> I tried all three antennae with both receivers. The
> cinergyT2 locks much faster than the Twinhan, but once
I have some changes in the code that makes locking faster on Twinhan, couple
of other modifications are also there, along with CA.
I will post out once things are settled down a bit.

Regarding the Terrestrial cards with Twinhan they have the Philips tuners
rather than LG on the newer cards. I'm talking about the VP-3040 card, that
comes with an addon CA daughterboard. Signal quality has to better on that
compared to the VP-3020/3021.

Manu
> locked they have a comparable quality, with the cinergyT2
> being somewhat better but not that much.
>
> Results:
> o the passive TT1 sucks; no matter hat I did with it I
>   had difficulties to get a stable signal even from the
>   strongest muxes
> o the active TT2 performes OK when I put it in the optimal
>   position (in the corner next to the radiator, with the
>   tip of the antenna leaning against the radiator)
> o the tiny el cheapo cinergyT2 antenna sucks when I put
>   it on the table somewhere, but outperforms the TT2
>   when I clip it to the radiator with its magnetic base,
>   with horizontal orientation; it also works so-so when
>   I clip it to the side of my PC case
>
> Go figure.
>
> Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index