[linux-dvb] DVB-T antennae comparison

Hi,

some time ago I wrote about my experiences with the
Technisat DIGIFLEX TT 2 indoor antenna connected
to a Twinhan VP-3020C card. The TT2 is an active antenna
with 15...18 dB gain.

The cinergyT2 comes with a tiny (10cm), passive antenna
with a magnetic base. For comparision I also borrowed me
an older, passive antenna which looks like a Technisat
DIGIFLEX TT 1.

I tried all three antennae with both receivers. The
cinergyT2 locks much faster than the Twinhan, but once
locked they have a comparable quality, with the cinergyT2
being somewhat better but not that much.

Results:
o the passive TT1 sucks; no matter hat I did with it I
  had difficulties to get a stable signal even from the
  strongest muxes
o the active TT2 performes OK when I put it in the optimal
  position (in the corner next to the radiator, with the
  tip of the antenna leaning against the radiator)
o the tiny el cheapo cinergyT2 antenna sucks when I put
  it on the table somewhere, but outperforms the TT2
  when I clip it to the radiator with its magnetic base,
  with horizontal orientation; it also works so-so when
  I clip it to the side of my PC case

Go figure.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index