[linux-dvb] Re: Reconstruct PAT/PMT tables from TS?

w-thiel@gmx.net wrote:

Well, what's your problem exactly?
I have written a program to process D2Mac streams a while ago, and I
have adopted it to DVB-S without much problems, thanks to EN 300 468.
I think you are missing something: a table_id is a table_id a table_id.

Hmm, but table_id is not enough to identify a specific section. Different
PMT's (in different PID's) all have table_id==2, don't they? So

No. Have a look at 30west to get an idea, how PMTs can be transmitted.
Or, even worse, have a look at 42east.

- to identify the sections containing PAT, the PID _or_ table_id is
sufficient.

You have to scan the PIDs given in the PMT. You cannot be sure what they
will look like: you have to accept the things written in EN 300468, and
you have to accept the private things.

Is it possible that PMT's for different programs are transported withhin a
single PID? If it's possible, can they be placed withhin the same section

Yes. See 30west.

So (in contrast to EN-300468, section 5.11.1), to uniquely identify a
section following information is needed:

- PID
- table_id (evtl table_id_extension)
- section_number
- version_number
- current_next_indicator

Hmh. IMHO, EN-300468 is quite clear.
Perhaps, you should tell what your intention is, and what for.

You cannot expect all transponders to provide all streams required
by the standards: the astras are quite ok, usually, 1west/5east
is ok (with exceptions), 30west usually is ok, 42east usually is a
big mess.

Wolfgang

can you upload a messy sample of this 42east to ftp://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming
and tell me the filename, please?