[linux-dvb] Re: How high a bitrate can the cards take?

Moritz Vieth wrote:

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian Kemper wrote:

Hello list!

> [...]

Can you guys tell me if the dvb card has any boundaries concerning MPEG1 playback? Also, are there differences concerning this issue between the different dvb card revisions?

Btw, I thought quality scale means variable bitrates. Why can they still call it MPEG1. MPEG1 is constant bitrate, right?

Unfortunately, I can't help you with your problem specifically, but maybe mentioning that DVB streams are MPEG2 (not MPEG1) could bring you further.
(Or maybe I just misunderstood your problem ;))

Yes, but they can also playback MPEG1-streams, and when you play some non-mpeg file with the Mplayer & FF card, Mplayer re-encodes the file to MPEG1 in fly.

--
Anssi Hannula

Home | Main Index | Thread Index