[linux-dvb] Re: ATSC Parameters

> OpenCable is not limited to QAM-64 anyway, QAM-256 is being used as well. I
> suppose FE_CAN_ITU_T_J83_ANNEX_B would be a bit long as well, though. How
> about FE_CAN_TRELLIS? Because it seems Trellis ECC is the only actual
> difference between Annex B and Annex A/C (aka DVB-C)...

Yes I am aware that OpenCable supports both 64 and 256 it was just an example.
FE_CAN_TRELLIS isn't too bad, but it would be nice to have it include QAM since
the other enums do include the modulation scheme but not be super long.. In my
testing code I have added the union with the tuning parameters since using any
of the other ones is silly since all you require to tune an ATSC/OpenCable
signal is the frequency and the modulation used since everything else required
for tuning is fixed information.

When I get it working I'll be sending a patch, but I am waiting on some i2c
logging equipment to work out a few bugs I am currently having with the
frontend..

Taylor

Home | Main Index | Thread Index