[linux-dvb] Re: ATSC Parameters

On Wed December 8 2004 10:20 pm, Taylor Jacob wrote:
> > I had a similar problem, when i was working on a dongle some time back
> > couple of years back... Well i was able to solve that problem by doing a
> > cycle setting of some bits... (happened only on some ALi chipset
> > motherboards). ie, bits set to 0 initially and then to 1. well that
> > worked perfectly for me, gave that solution to around 20 other people who
> > were using it... Worked fine for them also.
> >
> > I don't exactly remember which ones, but maybe i can search my old
> > archives and let you know... It's a painstaking procedure of searching
> > through the pile of CD's
>
> I would be curious what you did, even thought I have something that
> probbably works just as well now.. I remember years back having issues with
> integrated motherboards parallel ports when trying to use them to do bit
> banging monitoring the same as the cheapi2c, all I could get to work
> reliably was a ISA parallel port card, but now a days I dont have a machine
> with ISA slots, so that wasn't an option this go-round..  If you can dig
> this up i'd love to see it.. I know Chris Kennedy who is working on the
> ivtv driver (Happauge PVR-X50 cards) gave up trying to get one working and
> I am sure it has hindered him in making more cards work properly, so it
> could benefit more than just my curiosity..

I will check my collection... Give me some time.. I will check it on Friday,
since office is closed.

In the end where i drew a line was some chipsets do leave the ports in a
different state.. eventhough the so called initialization.

This was during my experiments with the Microchip PIC 16F84 micro's and the
Parallel port.

Manu

> Taylor

Home | Main Index | Thread Index