[linux-dvb] Re: /dev/dvb0.dvr0 instead of/dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 ??

Le dimanche 12 décembre 2004 à 17:16 +0200, Kimmo Koivisto a écrit :
> On Saturday 11 December 2004 12:58, tony wrote:
> > It doesn't work! Believe me. get the makedvb.sh script and run it at
> > startup. Ignore the errors. This is what I have been doing for the last
> > couple of weeks. I am also using SVDRP instead of lirc to control VDR.
>
> I don't believe :) because It works for me. I'm, using FC3, udev-042-1 and
> dvb-kernel from cvs. I dont use makedvb.sh script and udev
> creates /dev/dvb/adapter0* files properly.

I have done the up2date on udev twice in the last two weeks. The last
version is udev-039-10.FC3.5.i386.rpm

And I run DVB modules supplied with FC3. Is there any difference between
dvb-kernel and the Fedora kernel for skystar2? I wasn't under the
impression that there was. It was my belief that dvb-kernel was more
important to users of FF cards.

The two things that are broken:

	- no devices created
	- no lirc

But DVB-S with skystar2 works just fine with manually created devices -
last night I recorded simultaneously "Missouri Breaks" and "Rolling
Stones Rock and Roll Circus" with VDR 1.3.14. I have unichome driver
with hardware mpeg2...

None of the udev scripts that I have tried work. I don't care too much -
no remote is not cool but I am living without for the time being. I can
watch and record TV. Eventually the Fedora guys will get things
sorted...

Cheers

Tony

Home | Main Index | Thread Index