[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with WinTV NOVA-CI

On Monday 13 December 2004 14:20, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> On Monday 13 Dec 2004 12:57, Werner Hauger wrote:
> > > I have looked through the mailing list archives from this year, and
> > > found 2 or 3 posts about the same problem, however there was no
> > > resolution posted. Is anybody here using a standalone DVB-S TT budget
> > > card with the dvb-kernel drivers and a 2.4 kernel successfully ? (Btw.
> > > I get the same behaviour with the 2.6.7 kernel included drivers under
> > > Knoppix).
> >
> > Judging from the lack of responses, everybody that has a budget card
> > (and more specifically the exact one I have) is using it in
> > conjunction with a FF one. Isn't that maybe the reason only I now have
> > this problem i.e. the driver/firmware of the FF card does something to
> > make the budget card work, which is lacking in my case.
>
> The problem is (I think) none of the developers have seen the issue you
> describe.
>
> I have *many* TT Nova-S (stv0299) cards working 24 hours a day (they're the
> same physical card as the TT Nova-CI, minus the CI components). The
> machines have never had windows on them. I have never seen this issue. I
> have used the drivers under both 2.4 and 2.6. I have never used a FF card.
>
> I also never saw this behaviour when I was developing the budget_ci driver
> for the TT Nova-S-CI.
>
> Is it possible it is a motherboard issue - ACPI or the like?

How can one tell?

Could it be a timing problem?  I remember vaguely that I read about some
timing issues one year ago. I think it was some I2C issue there, but it might
be unrelated.

Is there anything that we can do to find out what makes the problems?
What could be missing that is fixed with a reboot but is not fixed with
multiple driver loading/unloading?

Kind regards,
Stefan

PS: I am already running bleeding edge Linux kernel and DVB drivers, but it
does not change anything.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index