[linux-dvb] DVB character coding...

Is it possible that some broadcasters do not use proper DVB character
coding? I've just tried implementing the character code tables according th
ETSI EN 300 468 Annex A, only to find that e.g. all string from
CanalSatélite come out wrong. I think it is CanalSatélite who is not
encoding the string correctly. E.g. they encode their name as:

(0x0D) 0x43 0x61 0x6E 0x61 0x6C 0x53 0x61 0x74 0xE9 0x6C 0x69 0x74 0x65
         C    a    n    a    l    S    a    t    Ø    l    i    t    e

The 0x0D is the length, and there is no character coding specified, meaning
the default character code table 0 is used - in which code 0xE9 represents
the "Ø", but not the "é" that was probably intended. The code 0xE9
represents "é" in code tables 05 or 0B, but CanalSatélite would have to
prefix their strings with 0x05 or 0x0B to switch to one of these character
code tables.

Am I overlooking something? Is there maybe a way to override the default
character coding? I haven't seen anything to that effect in ETSI EN 300
468. Or is the "de facto" default character code table not 0, but rather 05
or 0B?

Curious,
--
Robert Schlabbach