[linux-dvb] Re: DVB character coding...

Robert Schlabbach wrote:

The 0x0D is the length, and there is no character coding specified, meaning
the default character code table 0 is used - in which code 0xE9 represents
the "Ø", but not the "é" that was probably intended. The code 0xE9
represents "é" in code tables 05 or 0B, but CanalSatélite would have to

The wording in annex A isn't that good and I had some problems figuring out what they meant too. Anyway, I wouldn't look too carefully at those tables. I think what they mean is that unless some other coding is specified you should use Latin-1 (ISO 8859-1) which makes sense since it is the most widely used coding in the west and on the net. The 0xE9 will then indeed be mapped into "é" like expected.

/JS

Home | Main Index | Thread Index