[linux-dvb] Re: Add reply-to if absent

On Dienstag, 14. Dezember 2004 01:30, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 10:45:38PM +0100, Stefan Lucke wrote:
> > So I can only argue for what I'm expecting and that is:
> >
> > if I get private mail from a person, reply should got to this person.
> > if I get mail from a mailing list I'm subscribed to, reply should go to that list.
> >
> > There is no need for selecting different buttons of a email client for just
> > one action: "reply".
>
> Sure there is. Do you want to reply to the list (aka followup),
> or reply privately?

My default intension upon reply is: "to list". So sometimes when leave
that default, additional overhead is acceptable (manipulating "to" and
"copy" addresses).

> Do you mean that you never want to reply privately to a message on a
> list?
>
> Mutt has three reply keys:
> R: reply to sender or reply-to
> L: reply to mailing list
> G: group reply (to senders and everyone on the CC list)

KMail has different reply options too. People may use the mailer they want,
as long as that program can quote correctly :-). So this discussion is just
about what/who is the default target upon reply and in this point we have
different expectations.

stefan lucke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index