[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with WinTV NOVA-CI

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
On Tuesday 14 Dec 2004 13:33, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

Andrew de Quincey wrote:

Hmm, or perhaps the CI driver should reset the CAM automatically on a
retune... but that might cause other problems. My feeling is it should
be up to the userspace application to reset CAMs when appropriate -
anyone have any comments?
AFAIK resetting the CAM takes quite a while - I don't think people would
like to wait that long when switching channels...
Yeah I agree. Have you seen this problem yourself BTW?
I have my CAM (actually two of them) attached to a full featured,
non primary DVB-S card and have no problems with them.

Which CAMs BTW?
One is an AlphaCrypt and the other is an Irdeto.

Klaus

Home | Main Index | Thread Index