[linux-dvb] Re: cinergyT2 remote, repeat handling, keycodes WAS:(Re: Re: cinergyT2: which kernel/usb module to use?)

Quoting Holger Waechtler:

> Hi Stefan,
>
> Stefan Lucke wrote:

> >>The device should just report the raw keycodes it receives from the
> >>remote control without touching them. Please read the comment in the
> >>code about the sketchy keyrepeat implementation, if you want a
> >>host-controllable keyrepeat rate you just need to properly implement the
> >>input-device keyrepeat timer initialisation and then report keyrepeat
> >>events instead of repeating up/down events to the applications.
> >>

> >I just worked around that, by ignoring the first few repeat event codes,
> >see attached file.
> >

> The linux input infrastructure handles this properly for you by
> setting/modifying/canceling a repeat timer -- please have a look in the
> input and event implementation in the kernel (you would now have to send
> repeat events instead of repeating key up/downs...)

At the moment I won't dig that deep into driver programming.

Thats not the major problem. The real problem is, not all keycodes
arrive at application side :-( even they were reported via syslog.
Numbers, up, down, left and right are ok.

By the way, is it possible to wakeup the computer via an usb event ?
That didn't work for me although wakeup via usb is set in bios.

Stefan Lucke

Home | Main Index | Thread Index