[linux-dvb] Re: cinergyT2 remote, repeat handling, keycodes WAS:(Re: Re: cinergyT2: which kernel/usb module to use?)

Stefan Lucke wrote:
> Quoting Holger Waechtler:
> > The linux input infrastructure handles this properly for you by
> > setting/modifying/canceling a repeat timer -- please have a look in the
> > input and event implementation in the kernel (you would now have to send
> > repeat events instead of repeating key up/downs...)
>
> At the moment I won't dig that deep into driver programming.

linux/Documentation/input/input-programming.txt has just 281 lines.

> Thats not the major problem. The real problem is, not all keycodes
> arrive at application side :-( even they were reported via syslog.
> Numbers, up, down, left and right are ok.

Did you test with evtest?

> By the way, is it possible to wakeup the computer via an usb event ?
> That didn't work for me although wakeup via usb is set in bios.

As the cinergyT2 is bus powered, are you sure it stays alive
when the PC is sleeping? I think the USB drivers power down
the devices and the bus.

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index