[linux-dvb] Re: Bug with frontend thread

Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > Its what we ended up doing in the demodulator drivers so that demod
> > internal data wasn't exposed. After much persuasion by Gerd :), I decided
> > it was a good idea not to expose the internals. What do you think?
> >
> > If we hid the private stuff as above, we could then just memset() the
> > entire private structure during initialisation.
> >
> > As it currently is, we'll have to have loads of individual lines clearing
> > out each private field individually - we can't just memset() the whole
> > thing, as it already contains data initialised by the card driver.
>
> This patch implements what I'm talking about. lemme know what you think.

Damn, you're too quick ;-/

Like Michael, I don't see much point in doing that. The only advantage
is the memset() thing, but one could just as well store the
three pre-set members of struct dvb_frontend in temporary
variables, zap the struct and put them back. Or change
the prototype of dvb_register_frontend() to pass them in.

OTOH I am not totally opposed to it. It works for me either way ;-)

Johannes

Home | Main Index | Thread Index