[linux-dvb] Re: WANTED : KaxTV testers

I get similar problems, where KaxTV will work for
various amounts of time and then inexplicably crash.

I've got a question, since xine-lib doesn't seem to
have dvb support, I imagine KaxTV handles all the DVB
stuff, leaving xine-lib to decode the mpeg stream.  If
this is the case then where does KaxTV get its DVB
interface definition from?  Could it be that KaxTV is
picking up my older DVB definitions from the kernel
source tree which are much older than the relatively
recent DVB drivers I'm using, and hence causing random
incompatibilities that result in crashes?

Could it be that I have no idea what I'm talking about
and writing far off topic?

Otherwise I think KaxTV is mega (except I can't use it
for very long).

Regards,

Soyeb

 --- Jim Darby <jim@jimbocorp.uklinux.net> wrote:
> I've been playing with Christophe's new kaxtv.
>
> It's as cool as every and well onto the way to be a
> KILLER application.
>
> However, I've just missed part of a programme I
> wanted to watch because
> it crashed out half way through.
>
> I wasn't watching it live, it was just recording to
> a TS file and half
> way through it crashed out. Very annoying.
>
> This is the one single thing stopping me from using
> kaxtv for
> everything.
>
> Now, I've got a pretty marginal DVB-T signal and
> it's quite common to
> get transmission errors. I suspect something in the
> data stream is
> causing kaxtv to crash.
>
> So, what processing is done on a DVB data stream
> when recording to a TS
> file? Something in there needs a little extra
> robustness.
>
> I'd be delighted to help out with this.
>
> Keep up the good work Christophe, we're almost
> there!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Jim.
> --