[linux-dvb] Re: [rfc/patch] pll handling and cx22702 update

Hi,

On Tue, 2004-12-21 at 03:54 +0000, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> > Several of the tuners use the PLL status registers to tell when it has
> > locked instead of constant length msleeps(). This requires tuner-specific
> > code for each.
>
> Another issue I've noticed: not all tuners have the simple
> 2-bytes-for-the-divisor assumed in the original patch. Some of them use bits
> in the third byte as well to provide a greater range - the position of these
> additional bits varies from tuner to tuner.

An example for a chip which doesn't fit into this scheme at all is
Infineon's TUA6120 which has several addressable registers:

http://www.infineon.com/cmc_upload/documents/010/3947/TUA6120specV2.01_1.pdf

There was code for its predecessor (TUA6100) in the pre-recfatoring
driver for the stv0299 (Philips SU1200Mk2 uses it).

Regards,
Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index