[linux-dvb] A newbie and his avermedia

Hello,

I'm trying to get my new avermedia dvb-t card working but even the howto is
too difficult for me :-|

Maybe you can give me a little support. That's what I did so far and why it
doesn't work:

First I got the sources for a 2.6.9 kernel. I read the
Documentation/dvb/avermedia.txt which says that I have a Microtune 7202D
frontend supported by the sp887x driver. I saw that one in the menuconfig.
The file also says: "In order to fire up the card, it is necessary to load a
number of modules from the DVB driver set. Prior to this it will have been
necessary to download these drivers from the linuxtv CVS server and compile
them successfully." So I downloaded and untared linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1.tar.bz2.
The README of that package says: "The DVB drivers are already included in
Linux 2.6.x, so you usually don't need this package. What you will need,
hwoever, is firmware." Pardon? Do I or don't I need the package? I went on
to the README-2.6 which starts: "Instructions for  patching a 2.6 kernel
with this release" Ok, let's say, I do need the package. So I started with
the "Step-by-step instruction". Step one: "Call "./makelinks
/usr/src/linux-2.6.9". Nothing suspicious so far. Step two: "use 'make
menuconfig' or whatever and select the av7110 driver if you haven't done so
before." I looked into the help of "CONFIG_DVB_AV7110" which says "This
driver only supports the fullfeatured cards with onboard MPEG2 decoder." How
can this be right for me and my budget card? I tried to compile that anyway
(make modules) but it failed.

I think I'm missing some basics. Can you give me some advice or documents to
read? Thank you very much.

Regards

Stefan

--
Psssst! Mit GMX Handyrechnung senken: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/mail
100 FreeSMS/Monat (GMX TopMail), 50 (GMX ProMail), 10 (GMX FreeMail)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index