[linux-dvb] Re: diseqc switch recommendation

On Thu, Dec 23, 2004 at 11:12:06AM -0700, Vladimir Shved wrote:

> I'm having awful time getting my two FF cards to work together with 4x1
> diseqc switches and was wondering if there any solutions to this. It seems
> when one switch is switching, the other switch also switching, the diseqc
> command goes around LNB and reaches other switch causing other switch to
> react.

Which kernel/driver do you use?  I could not get diseqc working on budget
cards with 2.4 kernels.  It have not sent any diseqc commands at all
(this is what my diseqc tester shows).  When I switched to 2.6 kernels
they started working.  Then I found this post:

   http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-dvb@linuxtv.org/msg16130.html

which suggests that setting hw_sections=0 would fix that on 2.4 kernels.
Have not tried this yet, can someone confirm this?

With my TT-FF card (rev. 1.5) I have an other problem:  Sometimes a
wrong diseqc command seems to be sent.  The diseqc-tester shows that
voltage/22khz/burst settings do not correspond to the diseqc-command it
received.  I have checked the voltage setting, and it was correct, so I
assume that the diseqc command must be corrupted.
This problem appears with both, 2.4 and 2.6 kernels.

> Either dishnetwork legacy switches or europian diseqc multi-switch.

Ough, what's this?

Please try hw_sections=0 on 2.4 kernel.  When this don't help, try
switching to 2.6.x kernel (where hw_sections=0 is the default).  Please
drop a note whether this helped.

--
Please visit and sign and http://www.ffii.org
-- Josef Wolf -- jw@raven.inka.de --