[linux-dvb] diseqc switch recommendation

Hi,
I'm having awful time getting my two FF cards to work together with 4x1
diseqc switches and was wondering if there any solutions to this. It seems
when one switch is switching, the other switch also switching, the diseqc
command goes around LNB and reaches other switch causing other switch to
react. This does not happen every time but usually 1 out of 5 times it will
happen. VDR usually spits out "video data stream broken" error or pickups
some other channel, from another LNB. Does anyone have any idea how to solve
this?

I've tried cards in same system and in separate systems. Also tried budget
and FF cards, and get same problem. I'm using 4 dual LNBs, each LNB has 3x4
switch to get 4 outputs and my final goal is to get 3 or 4 cards working.
Right now I'm just trying to make two of them to work together. Single card
setup works flawlessly with any diseqc switch I've got, been running it for
days. Is there anyway to solve this problem with my existing hardware? Is
there such thing as diseqc signal blocker?

The only way I see to solve this is by replacing my switches with something
else. Either dishnetwork legacy switches or europian diseqc multi-switch.
The dishnetwork legacy switches are not supported by current drivers or
software, only diseqc. Is there diseqc multi-switch which would support 4
dual LNBs and at least 4 receivers? I've looked at 9x8 multi-switch but it
seems to support only 2 quad LNBs. how to do this right?

Thanks,
--Vlad

Home | Main Index | Thread Index