[linux-dvb] Re: RFC

On Thu December 23 2004 4:58 pm, Dominique Dumont wrote:
> Manu Abraham <manu@kromtek.com> writes:
> > Hi,
> >         Can somebody point out if i'm doing something correct/wrong here
> > ?.. Sending again, since i didn't see my last mail.. on the list ...
>
> Both mails were correctly received on the list.

I think that was too fast ...

> By the way, I believe that CA code is correctly working for Haupauge
> nexus-s cards. May be you could find there some working parsing code ?
The Nexus cards comunicates to the CA on the Transport layer.. Therefore the
parsing is either done by libdvb/any other application such as VDR.

whereas for the Twinhan cards, the communication is in the application layer.
So there has to be some high level communication rather than Transport layer
communication.

> OTOH, if you could specify how to test pmt_parser and the expected
> results, the dvb newbie(s) (well, that would include me) may be in
> better position to help you.
I wanted to make sure that what i was parsing was correct, rather than
figuring it out everything as a whole. If incorrect data is written to the
ASIC, it would simply not accept that data and say read/write error.

> Cheers

Home | Main Index | Thread Index