[linux-dvb] HDTV and FF card

Hi all

I have made lot of tests in last couple months on viewing HDTV with FF card (Siemens one).
Driver and firmware are improved a lot. Now i can view Euro1080 and Astra test program witdh no dropouts at all. But there are still problems with HDForum on HotBird.
There are some differences between firmware versions. 261d and 261d rc5 are similar dropouts no so frequently but bigger dropouts 261d rc3 small dropouts , but more frequently.

I think dropouts come due little bigger bandwith on HDForum, 2 min recording take 304 MB disc space versus 260 MB on Euro1080.

Question to developers (driver and firmware) is, are all limits on FF card reached or is possible made more improvements?

Btw i'm using 30" LCDTV , 2,4 MHz P4 , nvidia FX5200 card, mplayer with XvMC video out, and load is about 50% on HDTV. Picture quality is very good! (Excellent)

rgds
Arvo

Home | Main Index | Thread Index