[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-dibusb-firmware.c cannot find a valid firmware

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Samuel Huang wrote:

Probably the dvb-core was already loaded, otherwise the loading of
dvb-dibusb would have failed in the first place.
I guessed so too. But I can't find dvb-core loaded in /proc/modules...

Run the MAKEDEV-DVB.sh script from build-2.6 to make sure the major/minor numbers are correct.

Make sure you put dvb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw into
/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/.
yes, it is. I've mkdir the directory and copy the firmware from dvb-kernel.

Do you use debian testing? Make sure the hotplug package is installed...
3.0_r3
hotplug package was installed. Is there any configuration I missed should be taken then?
Sorry I never worked with woody and linux 2.6 and I don't have information about it. Maybe you should upgrade to testing...

See here for information how to do this:
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/reference/ch-woody.en.html

regards,
Patrick.

--