[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-dibusb-firmware.c cannot find a valid firmware

>> I've bumpped into another problem when I try to 'insmod ./dvb-core.ko' .
>> Errors showed in dmesg:
>> dvb-core: unable to get major 212
>> insmod: error inserting './dvb-core.ko': -1 File exists

>Probably the dvb-core was already loaded, otherwise the loading of
>dvb-dibusb would have failed in the first place.

I guessed so too. But I can't find dvb-core loaded in /proc/modules...

>> The rest insmod commands were going fine except 'insmod dvb-dibusb.ko'
>> still can't find the valid firmware. Could you kindly enlighten me
>> again? so many thanks!

>Make sure you put dvb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw into
>/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/.

yes, it is. I've mkdir the directory and copy the firmware from dvb-kernel.

>Do you use debian testing? Make sure the hotplug package is installed...

3.0_r3
hotplug package was installed. Is there any configuration I missed should be taken then?

>In my /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent the FIRMWARE_DIRS variable is set to
>"/lib/firmware /usr/local/lib/firmware /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware". This is
>where the firmware agent is looking for firmware files.

I found the variable named FIRMWARE_DIR without 'S'. It is set to "/usr/lib/hotplug/firmware".
I'm also a newbie to Debian. Hopefully these stupid problems won't bother you.

BR,
Samuel

Yahoo!奇摩電子信箱
250MB 超大免費信箱,信件再多也不怕!馬上使用