[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-dibusb-firmware.c cannot find a valid firmware

On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Samuel Huang wrote:

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the BIG howto! I learned a lot from it.

I've bumpped into another problem when I try to 'insmod ./dvb-core.ko' .
Errors showed in dmesg:
 dvb-core: unable to get major 212
 insmod: error inserting './dvb-core.ko': -1 File exists
Probably the dvb-core was already loaded, otherwise the loading of dvb-dibusb would have failed in the first place.

The rest insmod commands were going fine except 'insmod dvb-dibusb.ko' still can't find the valid firmware. Could you kindly enlighten me again? so many thanks!
Make sure you put dvb-dibusb-5.0.0.11.fw into /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/.

Do you use debian testing? Make sure the hotplug package is installed...

In my /etc/hotplug/firmware.agent the FIRMWARE_DIRS variable is set to "/lib/firmware /usr/local/lib/firmware /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware". This is where the firmware agent is looking for firmware files.

HTH,
Patrick.

--
Mail: patrick.boettcher@desy.de