[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-dibusb-firmware.c cannot find a valid firmware

Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the BIG howto! I learned a lot from it.

I've bumpped into another problem when I try to 'insmod ./dvb-core.ko' .
Errors showed in dmesg:
  dvb-core: unable to get major 212
  insmod: error inserting './dvb-core.ko': -1 File exists

The rest insmod commands were going fine except 'insmod dvb-dibusb.ko' still can't find the valid firmware.
Could you kindly enlighten me again? so many thanks!

Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher@desy.de> wrote:
On Thu, 30 Dec 2004, Samuel Huang wrote:

> I found no archives discussing about that in details.
> Could anyone tell me what is the correct way I shall take?
> Thank you very much~

I have an small howto on my website for dibusb device. Please have a look.

In Debian the firmware path is /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware.

regards,
Patrick.

--
Mail: patrick.boettcher@desy.de