[linux-dvb] Re: new budget-patch.c driver

On Thu, Dec 30, 2004 at 02:26:29PM +0100, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Hi,
>
> emard@softhome.net wrote:
> > Please apply my budget-patch-bandwidth-06 patch
>
> What is the "TT-Budget/Patch SATELCO PCI" stuff about? You modified
> such a card?

:) no, but I wanted to debug rps1 running on a true budget card
hardware (to see the thimings and also to make sure it doesn't
break anything else)

I saw someone was trying to support other tuners in budget-patch
stv0299 etc but he didn't make it properly (was calling budget-patch
diseqc, what wouldn't work) so to fix this I also needed to
load the driver on some card that has e.g. stv0299 tuner and
I had this satelco handy....

> If you want me to commit your patch, would you please supply
> me with a short description for the CVS commit so one can
> get meaningful information from "cvs log"? (I am unable
> to figure that out by myself in this case...)

----------------------------------
Budget patch improved driver, fixed slight packet
loss by using different trigger mode - each complete
frame of 2*188*512 bytes now gets only one VSYNC triggering,
using rising edge. Normal budget has VSYNC toggled every
188*512 bytes triggered on both edges.
This results in 2x less load on PCI by rps1 but the main
advantage is reduction of packet loss to be indistinguishable
from the true budget card.

Also there is a fix for proper tuning for stv0299 tuners,
so now it's even possible to test how budget-patch is running
on a true budget card, like e.g. nova, satelco, activy,
just copy lines of pci device lines from budget.c

Emard

Home | Main Index | Thread Index