[linux-dvb] Re: Local tuning data for tzap

Tim Squires wrote:

Does anyone know of a how-to to create the inital tuning data file for tzap?

I've tried the uk-EmleyMoor file from cvs but tzap just reports

WARNING: >>> tuning failed!!!

The /dev/dvb/adapter0/* files are there so I gather the problem is with
the tuning data.

The BBC Receiption site

http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/tv_transmitters/index.shtml

says that there is a local transmitter (Keighley) but does not give a
frequency. I have now spent hours looking for a frequency for this dvb
transmitter but not found one.

Is there a separate frequence for my small local transmitter or should the
big Emley Moor transmitter details work?

Hi Tim,

This website has the conversion chart to convert from UK channel numbers to frequency.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/terrestrial/tuning/

The BBC website giving the transmitter details is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/tv_transmitters/tv_digit_full.shtml

The frequency is given to 6 decimal places in the dvb-t file. I use Heathfield transmitter, the channel number for the BBC MUX given by the BBC website is 34, which equates to 578MHz. I had to guess on the FEC value - try 1/2 or 3/4, but the BBC MUX uses QAM16 no matter where you are (I believe)

Here is my Heathfield tuning file.

# Heathfield
# T freq bw fec_hi fec_lo mod transmission-mode guard-interval hierarchy
T 578000000 8MHz 3/4 NONE QAM16 2k 1/32 NONE

Hope that helps,

Richie

Home | Main Index | Thread Index