[linux-dvb] Re: Segmentation Fault on Nova-T driver

Colin Bell wrote:

Hi All

I'm running Mandrake 10.1 on an Asus Pundit with kernel 2.6.7-1.mm.6mdk.

I've got a Hauppauge Nova-T DVB-T (uk spec - Conexant chipset) that I am trying to get working. By following the list of inserts below. I'm able to load up the parts except at the very end when run "insmod /usr/src/video4linux/cx88-dvb.ko" I get a "Segmentation Fault" (as shown in the dmesg section below "Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 32327863")

Adapter0 appears in /dev/dvb but has none of the devices inside of it.

I couldn't get dvb-kernel or linuxtv-dvb-1.1.1 to compile without errors (see linuxtv errors below). It also didnt seem to have the mt352 module which as you can see I am loading from dvb-kernel which I managed to get it compiled with make -i (but with tons of errors), I was hoping that because I only needed the mt352 module from it, that it couldn't hurt.

If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks

Have a look at http://www.helkit.com/cgi-bin/twiki/bin/view/Main/MythTVDVB-TAndConexantNotes - you will need to modify the instructions slightly for Manduck, but it hopefully should point you in the right direction.

Cheers,

Richie

Home | Main Index | Thread Index