[linuxtv-softmpeg] Current libavcodec not source compatible with current softmpeg

I decided to have a go with libsoftmpeg and am working with current CVS versions of most things.

It would appear that on 20-Oct-2003, version 1.236 of avcodec.h in ffmpeg changed the definition of aspect ratio from "float aspect_ratio" to "AVRational sample_aspect_ratio", presumably to support a more precise representation.

Changing the softmpeg code to use the new definition is non-trivial, since these changes propagate via "resize_callback" and supporting both the old and new representations would probably result in a horribly convoluted mess of ifdef code and conversions leading to a further loss of precision.

I would like to know what the development policy for softmpeg is in terms of which versions of libs are chosen. So far I am finding that I can only get softmpeg configured with CVS versions of FusionSound and DirectFB, yet CVS version of ffmpeg won't cut it.

Should I downgrade my ffmpeg or provide patches for softmpeg to compile with the current CVS version of ffmpeg (breaking source compatibility with previous versions of ffmpeg in process) ?

--
"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."