[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: Audio jumps

Hello Peter,

On 17.03.2004 13:54, Peter Urbanec wrote:
Right now I am using rivafb on a MX440 card (with plans to go to a Matrox G450 in a week or two), kernel 2.6.4 with ALSA and Intel/Realtek audio. CPU is Intel P4 @ 2.4GHz and 1GB RAM.
I haven't tested any Nvidia-based card so far, the support in DirectFB is there, but hasn't been used by any of the core developers lately.

What I am experiencing is playback that occurs in bursts of just under one second. Both video and audio are in sync, but I get about 1 second of playback, followed by about 1 second pause, alternating over and over.
Until this morning, "libsoftmpeg" required your framebuffer to have a vertical refresh rate of 50Hz, ie. the exact refresh rate of the video material you try to play back.

Did you set your framebuffer to a resolution with 50Hz refresh rate?
(post the result of "fbset" when in doubt).

The last two days I worked on refactoring the softmpeg code to be less DirectFB/FusionSound dependent and I added support for non-50Hz refresh rates.

Top shows that the CPU usage is about 40-48%. The file is about 33MB in size and plays fine with mplayer. I can collect more data, just let me know what is needed.
I checked in the latest improvements this morning (10:38:16), so perhaps your problem is already fixed there.

Please post your "fbset" settings. If you use a non-50Hz setting, it should work now, but using a 50Hz setting (have a look into the docs for a fb.mode entry) is recommended.

CU
Michael.