[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: Audio jumps

Michael Hunold wrote:

Until this morning, "libsoftmpeg" required your framebuffer to have a vertical refresh rate of 50Hz, ie. the exact refresh rate of the video material you try to play back.

Did you set your framebuffer to a resolution with 50Hz refresh rate?
That's probably it then, I set the mode to 1024x768 72Hz 16bit, although the final output looked more like 800x600 or even lower. Either way, the refresh rate must have been higher than 50Hz because I did not see the usual 50Hz full-screen (not interlace) flicker. I think the next step for me will be to get that G450 installed in the system and try again with a current CVS snapshot of everything in a few days. I suspect my life will be easier if I use a system that is similar to what the core developers are working on :-)

I'll configure a proper PAL 50Hz setting, since that's where the output will end up going anyway.

Thanks for bearing with me through this. All of the DirectFB stuff is new territory for me and it requires a mental shift from all my X11 based experiences.

Thanks,

Peter.

--
"Beauty lies in the hands of the beer holder."