[linuxtv-softmpeg] Re: Audio jumps

On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 14:22, Michael Hunold wrote:
> I was able to check the latest improvements with my EPIA system and I
> confirm that there were audio jumps. 8-(
>
> Some calculations for the vertical blank cycles were wrong, but I
> managed to get them fixed, so it works for me on a Athlon 800Mhz/G400
> and M10000 system now.

That has made a world of difference! The picture was watchable and VDR
did not crash in the 30 minute test :-)

The audio seemed very good and jump free, the video less so. I don't
have a great signal and some channels are better than others on
different days. On some channels I could get good audio and video, on
others I got good audio and occasionally breaking up video.

The VDR buffer full situation happened just once when changing to a
particular channel. Also, I use a homebrew LIRC receiver and the VDR
response was particularly sluggish during this test.

There's still quite a few errors bing logged. The following type of
error is repeated a lot:
{-} [ 3008:   6.528] SoftMPEG/get_delay/Audio output: not playing /
unexpected interrupt
{-} [ 3008:   6.528] SoftMPEG/audio_get_av_delay/Audio: not playing /
stream playback unexpectedly ended!
{!} [ 3014:   6.550] SoftMPEG - ERROR in audio_playout at audio.c:243:
stream playback unexpectedly ended! [9216/64000]
{-} [ 3014:   6.550] SoftMPEG/apause/Audio output: starting audio
playback.

> Please test again.
>
> CU
> Michael.