2.2.16 + kfir mpeg2 driver locks machine

Hello!

	So, I'm using the latest CVS version of the MPEG2 driver, and
after loading the kfir.o file, my machine locks VERY hard.  I had thought
this might be an SMP issue (since my machine is SMP), and built a UP
kernel, but it did the same thing.

It gets to "loaded firmware size ...." and after that dies.

I've also attached a patch for cmicro.c, since it didn't have any
error-checking, and would segfault if the paths in the Makefile were at
all typo'd.

How should I go forward with debugging this driver?  What kind of info do
you need from me?

Thanks!

--
Kees Cook					@outflux.net