2.2.16 + kfir mpeg2 driver locks machine

Hi,

Kees Cook writes:
 > [1  <text/plain; us-ascii (7bit)>]
 > Hello!
 >
 > 	So, I'm using the latest CVS version of the MPEG2 driver, and
 > after loading the kfir.o file, my machine locks VERY hard.  I had thought
 > this might be an SMP issue (since my machine is SMP), and built a UP
 > kernel, but it did the same thing.
 >
 > It gets to "loaded firmware size ...." and after that dies.
 >
 > I've also attached a patch for cmicro.c, since it didn't have any
 > error-checking, and would segfault if the paths in the Makefile were at
 > all typo'd.

Thanks.
I never expected having to distribute this file.
We only did it because we were not allowed to distribute the
microcode ...

 > How should I go forward with debugging this driver?  What kind of info do
 > you need from me?

I am not sure what causes the hangup for some people.
It works on two quite different computers for me. (450 MHz overclocked
Celeron and 600MHz Duron).
It still might be CPU type/speed and/or chipset type related.

What kind of CPU and board are you using?

Regards,
Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index