Re: 2.2.16 + kfir mpeg2 driver locks machine

On Thu, Jan 25, 2001 at 12:56:11AM +0100, Ralph Metzler wrote:
>  > I've also attached a patch for cmicro.c, since it didn't have any
>  > error-checking, and would segfault if the paths in the Makefile were at
>  > all typo'd.
>
> Thanks.
> I never expected having to distribute this file.
> We only did it because we were not allowed to distribute the
> microcode ...

That's what I figured, but since I ran into the problem, I figured others
might benefit from my additions too.  :)

> I am not sure what causes the hangup for some people.
> It works on two quite different computers for me. (450 MHz overclocked
> Celeron and 600MHz Duron).
> It still might be CPU type/speed and/or chipset type related.
>
> What kind of CPU and board are you using?

I'm using a dual 400Mhz PentII in a SuperMicro(i think) mother board.
384M ram (if that matters).  I've attached a cpuinfo dump, and an
"lspci -vv".

One thing I just noticed here is that the mpeg2 board and my usb
controller want to use the same IRQ.  Does that matter in this case?

--
Kees Cook					@outflux.net

    [ Part 2, Text/PLAIN  40 lines. ]
    [ Unable to print this part. ]