[mpeg2] Kfir Mpeg2 to SVCD

Lewe Zipfel writes:
 > Okay,
 >
 > I finally manage to play back those streaming-mpeg2 files that the kfir card produces. Now I wanna make an SVCD of it.. Did someone ever do that? I think what I need it an converter from streaming-mpeg2 to regular-mpeg2 or something and than burn the mpeg2 files with Nero burning an SVCD. Or are there any other/recomendet ways to do that?

The kfir card gives you a regular MPEG2 file, but some players have
different opiniions about regular. Anyway, SVCD needs some special
information in the video elementary stream, which the kfir card does
not produce.

I am working on a remuxer which will be in the mpegtools directory of
the DVB driver. If you want to do it right now, you need a demuxer and
a multiplexer. You can use the demuxer programs that come with the DVB
driver and bbmpeg which is a windoze program. bbmpeg is able to mux
those video and audio elementary stream into an MPEG file that will be
accepted by NERO and already contains the SVCD information. So you can
burn your own SVCD. My plan ist to do all this under Linux, but I am
not done yet. You can check the remuxer in the DVB cvs and see if it
improves. But maybe someone with more muxing experience would like to
help out. The sources for bbmpeg are also available under GPL.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de