[mpeg2] Re: Kfir Mpeg2 to SVCD

Lewe Zipfel wrote:

> Okay,
>
> I finally manage to play back those streaming-mpeg2 files that the kfir card produces. Now I wanna make an SVCD of it.. Did someone ever do that? I think what I need it an converter from streaming-mpeg2 to regular-mpeg2 or something and than burn the mpeg2 files with Nero burning an SVCD. Or are there any other/recomendet ways to do that?

Can the KFIR capture 480x576 fullscreen (PAL)?  If so all you need to
do is generate VBR MPEG2 at a maximum of around 2500bps with layer 2
audio and < 234KB video buffer size and away you go!  The scvdimager
tool will turn such a stream a burnable SVCD image for you under
Linux.

<Toot my own horn>
At the moment I don't think there is a combination of MPEG decoder
and encoder for linux that can generate SVCD MPEG2 from full
resolution (704 or 720x576) MPEG-2.  However, in a few days there will
be.... ;-)

The coming-very-soon next (1.3 beta3) release of the mjpegtools
(mjpeg.sourceforge.net) will include mildly patched snapshots of
ac3dec, mpeg2dec and extract_ac3 that will allow full PAL resolution
MPEG-2 to be transcoded to SVCD.  For the final release I'll probably
add similar features to dvdview to do the same thing.  The reason for
the change being that (a) I want to do some C++ programming for a
change and (b) dvdview would allow audio and video to be extracted
simultaneously along with the sync information (PTS offset) needed to
keep audio and video in sync when re-muxed after transcoding.

</Toot my own horn>

If you can put some snippets of KFIR output online I'll happily test
the filters on them - I intend to buy a KFIR board sometime soon
fairly soon.

Andrew

Home | Main Index | Thread Index