[mpeg2] Re: silly question from the A/V newbie

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 01:35:42PM -0600, Kees Cook wrote:
> Okay, the Svideo connector on the back of the Kfir I understand.  But what
> in the world is this big bnc-like connector?  I know it's called
> composite, but isn't that what also comes out of most VCRs?  Those
> connectors are called ... RCA?  Left/Right audio + video in 3 cables.  Is
> that video signal electrically the same as what the Kfir takes on the
> composite?

I was confused by that at first, too.  Before I received the card, I
thought this was a regular 50-ohm coax connector.  But then my friends
said, "That looks like BNC..."

I found that there are RCA -> BNC adapters, and the signal must be the
same since there don't appear to be any electronics in the adapter.  If
you live in the U.S., you can find one for around $3 at Radio Shack or a
similar store--it should be labled "phono to BNC adapter" or something
along those lines.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index