[mpeg2] Re: MPEG-1 (Was: Re: Re: Kfir and Windoze)

On Sun, Feb 04, 2001 at 08:48:13PM +0100, Hakan Lennestal wrote:
> Speaking of MPEG-1, what are the chanses of getting working MPEG-1
> with the linux driver ? Is the source of the problem known ?

The best I've been able to do so far is getting sound working but no
video.  The key was to set streamtype to 7 (the "system" streamtype,
whatever that means).  This mode and one other are the only ones for which
the Windows app allows you to set MPEG-1.

I'm hoping that the Linux driver is just using settings which don't make
sense for MPEG-1, so I'm trying to fiddle with the defaults in kfir.c.  If
I have any luck, I'll post the changes to the list...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index