[mpeg2] Re: Help needed on realtime mpeg2 decoding

>Hi,
>
>We use the kfir card under Linux to encode mpeg2. Works great!
>The encoded mpeg2 file is accessible through NFS. We would like to play it
>during the encoding (file not closed, frames still coming in..), from
>windows and linux.
>
>Can you suggest an mpeg2-decoding library for windows & for linux, hopefully
>GPL, which can allow this?

If you want to save and distribute it, you can use the 'tee' command.

cat /dev/video(0)|tee file.mpg | whatever_you_want_to_do

It's really hard to operate on MPEG-2 files. I have around 150Gig
Files and no software is able to do anything on that. Because all
linux programs include the sucking libmpeg3.

Maybe someone who wants to change mpeg2divx to work with aaroon's lib?

Frank

Home | Main Index | Thread Index