[mpeg2] Re: kfir encodes dark

Lawrence Gold writes:
 > On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 01:53:21AM -0600, Paul Holcomb wrote:
 > >
 > >  I've been encoding some more, and I've noticed that without exception
 > >  that the kfir board encodes too dark.  In fact, rather than
 > >  everything being darker, it seems that only the most bright colors
 > >  are darker than they should be.
 > >
 > >  I played around a bit with some of the settings in InitParams(),
 > >  notably,  P->VAD_LuminanceBrightness and P->VAD_ChromLowPass.
 > >  Neither seemed to have any effect.  Any idea where I should be
 > >  looking?
 >
 > I have the same problem, but haven't found any solutions except for
 > playing the mpegs on a Mac with its lower gamma setting.  ;-)

The above mentioned picture parameters are not yet passed to the
SAA7113 video decoder.
I have nothing against people hacking around in the driver and adding
features (hint! hint!).
There is lots of stuff one can do with the publically available
documentation (SAA7113 and PLX 9054) and without Kfir docs.
Regarding all the Kfir parameters I really do not
have much more description than what's in the include files.

Ralph

Home | Main Index | Thread Index