[mpeg2] ADSP microcode loading failed...

At 16:17 23.02.01 -0600, Paul wrote:
 > My VIA board actually does the above, fails the initalization about
 > 10 times, and never works.

8 times - it is hardcoded in to try 8 times. Actually there is a bug in
there because the retry count is larger than 8 if it fails so the following
initialization is done regardless of the result of the load microcode. But
this does not solve the problem.

 > Can you actually encode anything?

No, does not work - as told it works 'almost' ;)

 > What do your kernel messages look like with insmod kfir debug=1?

Nothing more enlightning... firmread() works and loaded the MPEG1_6.HLD
file with a length of 59872 bytes. Then loading the ADSP microcode failed,
this repeats until it gives up after a few tries.

Any idea what could cause the ADSP microcode not to load? Downloading the
other Altera microcode seems to be ok.

- Frank

*** Frank M. Siegert, frank<at>this.net, frank<at>wizards.de
*** WWW @ http://www.this.net/~frank * http://www.wizards.de
*** Get my PGP key: http://www.this.net/~frank/newpgpkey.asc

Home | Main Index | Thread Index