[mpeg2] Re: Any news on the VIA chipset problem - solved (almost)

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 11:07:53PM +0100, Frank M. Siegert wrote:

> What I did:
>

> 3. loaded kfir.o, no lockups! It just loaded and KFIR initialisation were ok.
>
> Still there is a small issue: I get message that the ADSP loading and later
> initialization failed, from the console it looks like kfir.o retries
> several times then continues. Is this a normal effect or is there something
> wrong here?

 My VIA board actually does the above, fails the initalization about
 10 times, and never works.

 Can you actually encode anything?

 What do your kernel messages look like with insmod kfir debug=1?

--
Paul Holcomb                               *pholcomb    \@      cpoint  net*
Sr. Network Engineer                       Counterpoint Networking, Inc.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index