[mpeg2] BMK-Elektronik board, &c

We are interested in automated encoding of MPEG-2 video on Linux and
Windows.  We'd like our board of choice to work on both platforms, if
possible, but if necessary we can accept using different boards on each
platform.  Our questions:

1. Will the BMK board work under Windows?

2. Will the BMK board's driver work with other KFIR-based boards (Sigma
DVR, Hauppauge PVR) or is it limited to the BMK board presently?

3. Reading the linuxtv.org site, I get the impression that this
driver/board combo is still kinda beta.  The caveats about having to
reload the driver on settings change, for example, are a little worrying
but not fatal for our purposes.  Is that the worst of the oddness in
this system?

4. I tried to go to www.visiontech-dml.com but got redirected to
Broadcom's site.  I guess they bought Visiontech out, but the Broadcom
site doesn't list anything obviously related to MPEG encoding.  Should
this worry me?  (I.e., is the KFIR chip in danger of being discontinued
or something?)

Thanks,
--
= Warren -- Video articles: http://www.cyberport.com/~tangent/video/