[mpeg2] Problems with "SVCD" encodings...

Hi,

Is anyone else getting terrible artifacting when using "make svcd22"?  In
my Makefile, it's set to

svcd22:
        -rmmod kfir
        -insmod kfir.o vidrate=2200000 sndfreq=6 vidsize=0x23 vidinput=0 loaded=1

(I'm using an NTSC source.)  Every half second or so, the display gets
really blocky.  If I increase the bitrate to 4.5Mbps, everything looks
fine.  I'm testing with both xine and vlc.

Is this just a consequence of using 2.2Mbps?  I've seen other mpeg-2 files
with this kind of bitrate and they look fine.

Thanks...

Home | Main Index | Thread Index