[mpeg2] Re: Driver project: a new 4-channel MPEG decoder card

Allan Jacobsen wrote:

> Warren Young wrote:
> >
> > I said that Sigma already has a 1-channel decoder with a Linux driver.
>
> Well, the Sigma driver for their NetStream2000 card is
> not open source, and they will not release it outside
> their company.

The _driver_ is open source.  Only the user-mode library necessary to
completely talk to the driver is closed.  I don't know how much of a
problem that is.  I suppose the user-mode side could have critical
things like microcode in it...  The user-mode library almost certainly
also has things like the CSS decryptor, but my projects don't need
De-CSS functionality.
--
= Warren -- Video articles: http://www.cyberport.com/~tangent/video/
=